Thursday, March 19, 2009

The joy of RSS

I love RSS feeds. They're brilliant. New articles, cartoon strips, blog posts all delivered quickly and smoothly right into my waiting inbox.

But they have a downside. I have to remind myself why I read the blogs I do. It's not just about watching from afar. It's about interaction. And just as I love comments, to have acknowledgement that people are out there, I know that others seek the same. I will go to a page straight from the RSS post if I feel the urge to comment, but if I don't I will miss the comments others post. And that is part of the richness of the interaction that these blogs provide us with.

If I don't post a comment on your blog, be assured that I am still reading. It's just that RSS has its downsides too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails