Saturday, June 19, 2010

Six days a week - BBBC 2010: 6

So we come to last post of the challenge. The last of the week. Yes, six in a week. I know, I know. Don't blame me.

And the topic is: What did you get out of your experience? Do you think it will change the way you blog in the future?

Hmmm. Well, to answer the second bit first - no, I don't think it will change the way I blog in future. If you've been around here any time at all you'll know that I waffle sometimes, about anything. I just ramble on. About nothing. And for me, that's what this week has been about. Except someone else has given me the topics to ramble about. It hasn't changed how I blog or what I blog. It has perhaps made me blog every day this week which is a first for many a moon, but it won't change anything going forward. I'll blog when I feel the need. Or when I want to plug my gallery. Or when I have something I just have to get off my chest.

But what did I get out of the experience? That's trickier. I have been thinking about this for a while now and to be honest, I'm not sure. I have enjoyed being forced to write. Because I do enjoy spouting forth nonsense. So that's a definite bonus. I enjoyed participating in a fun challenge initiated and organised by one of my best friends. But as for anything deep and spiritual, full of insight and meaning. Neh. Probably not.

Maybe one small thing I have got out of the experience, to finish up, is a reminder that for some people this challenge has been about being heard rather than listening to others. For me as much enjoyment has been gained from reading the blogs of friends and strangers as from writing myself. But for others, it is all about them. They write because they think that not writing would deprive the world of their wisdom. They don't care about what others write, only that as many people as possible digest their tasty morsels of vocal pricelessness and are grateful for the privilege. That's not the spirit of the challenge for me. Or blogging in general. But what do I know, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Very insightful Marnix! (applause)

    But don't you think that a valid part of writing something is knowing that other people read it? Or is it just a way to get something off your chest?

    Either way, blog on brother, blog on!!! (woot)

    ~Star

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yep, Star, don't get me wrong - I totally agree that part of writing is knowing people read it or indeed just getting stuff of your chest. But the having it read bit is not a necessity.

    My point was more that there are those for who that is everything. Those who demand to be read. That expect to be read. If people choose to read my rambling outpourings I feel honoured. I don't see it as personal afront if they choose not to. And I definitely don't see my blog as any more valid or important and worthy of attention than any other. Most of the community, I would guess, fit in that category with me. Just not everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails