Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Random hellos

One of the first reasons I got into this blogging lark was to meet other people. Some of the people I spend most time with now in SL I met via blogs. Just searching for blogs, looking at blogrolls, linking through to other blogs, and sticking comments on blogs. And then sometimes I might send a quick IM inworld to say "hello, I like your blog". It's been a great way to meet new people to chat to and become friends with.

And I love it when people do the same to me, through my blog. Or via my blog. It does happen sometimes too. You know who you are :)

But that's not the point of this post. It is not a call for random hellos and shouts of affirmation. No, really, it's not. It's not!

It's about me saying hello to other people and those people being lovely. Like last night, for example. There is a fashion blogger that I decided to say hello to (hello, Marianne!). It's mainly women's stuff she writes about so to be honest there isn't a lot in it for me (other than the occasional lingerie post - hehe), but I just felt compelled to say hello. Nothing to do with me finding her stunningly attractive, of course. Oh no. Definitely not.

I presumed, like with most people when I IM them, that I'd get a "this person is not currently online" message. But I didn't. And then, would you believe it, I got a reply. So I replied back. And she re-replied. And so it went on. And before I knew it we'd chatted for quite a while and I'd made a new friend. Yay!

I guess sometimes I kind of put other bloggers and designers and people like that on a pedestal. I assume that they're all really popular and have no time for new friends among the pleps...er...general populace. But sometimes, just sometimes, I'm brave enough to say hi. And when I do, for the most part, I find that they're just like the rest of us, and are actually normal people. And sometimes are quite lovely.

So here's your self-improvement task for today - IM a blogger. Someone you've never spoken to before. Go on. Do it.

Also last night I came across a dog-loving friend (no, not in THAT way, ya perv!) who said I can keep Buckley rezzed in her garden to keep her dog company while I am of 'no fixed abode'. How lovely, eh? I hate keeping the little fella locked up in my inventory. It feels so cruel.

Hang on, I've just realised I've not introduced you guys to Buckley yet, have I? I'll add that to my to-do list...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Marnix, you trully know how to make somebody feel good :)

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Marianne :)

    And hello, Eliza! *waves back*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails