Thursday, June 4, 2009

A fowl future

According to Nika I am about to head over to the dark side. I would object, but I can't, because she's right.

I have been following the worldwide chicken extravaganza with the excited eyes of a five-year old on Christmas eve. The imminent promise of what's to come. Ever since I first heard about them, and as I've mentioned before, I have found them hard to resist. I see my future filled with squawking yellow fuzzballs and bowls of expensive food.

Up till now I have put off the inevitable because I'm just about to leave these SLhores for a few weeks and I felt it would be irresponsible of me to hatch some eggs only to leave the chicks to die a lonely death of starvation, their only consolation the feeble croaks of their dying brothers and sisters.

But, on my return, prepare yourselves for the tiny patter of wrinkly red feet. The chicks are coming.

I just hope I can trust Iss not to 'accidentally' damage them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails