Thursday, August 20, 2009

Like Thursday

I’ve not ever entered into this whole Love Thursday blog thing before, mainly because I’m almost a day ahead of everyone else and my Love Thursday would be everyone else’s Humpday and it just would get confusing and stuff. But I decided this week, sod it, I’d give it a go. Plus there’s something I’m kinda keen to write about that’s been preying on my mind for a couple of days, and this will give me a good excuse.

Oh, but it’s going to be a Like Thursday blog post, rather than a Love Thursday one. Because Love is a very strong word.

So, what do I like? What do I like so much that I wanted to write about it? Well, I guess the answer is a friend. Meeting friends, making new friends, hanging with friends, chatting with friends. Sure, that’s all good. But that’s not what I’m on about here. Here I’m on about one friend in particular.

Certain events caused us to cross paths. More by accident than by design. Sort of. But I am so glad we did.

Over the past few days we’ve logged quite a few hours sat around just chatting, shooting the breeze, sharing stuff. Basically, I’m really enjoying getting to know her. She’s fun, has a wicked sense of humour, is easy to talk to, intelligent, down to earth, independent, straightforward (mostly!) and fiercely loyal to her friends. These are just a selection of her characteristics I’ve had the pleasure to glimpse in the short time I’ve known her. Oh, and she’s pretty too. If I forgot that, she’d kill me ;)

Sure, the significant time difference between us is a small concern, but we seem to manage to cross paths often enough and plurk certainly helps. And even if I’m just a minor distraction to fill the wee small hours of her mornings, heck, I’ll take what I can get, quite honestly.

At this stage it would be, I think, untimely to name the object of my affection, for a raft of reasons. But, to be honest, close friends might be able to work it out and I’ve not written anything above that I’ve not said to her in person.

So, to wrap this all up, Like Thursday is this week devoted to a friend. Someone special.

2 comments:

  1. Friends are the most important thing in SL but... especially the special ones;-) I have a very big list of 'friends', but only let's say 2 or 3 including my sweet husband are true friends. So Marnix enjoy her company as much as you can and never let her go if she is that special;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails